I woke up today early morning to drop my brother at the Railway station.Its winter in bangalore.I Drove back home in my activa.I went for a long walk after that.I have read some where that to get innovative ideas the best thing is morning walk.I always found the roads near my house dusty.But morning 7 am it was calm and quiet except for cabs going to drop techies from call centers home after their night shift. I found this man with a red turban pulling his cart full of piigy banks-The ones made of mud, coloured red yellow and green,found in shapes of pumkin and tomatoes(not sure which one to be specific).
A question poped in to my mind will i let my kids use these piggy banks to understand savings in this era of fast age banking . Well some great novelist had written about how kids would think about piggy banks-Number one enemy to be outwitted.
On my last visit to the bank i saw little cute kids from a near by kindergarden learning about counting machines and ATM's.I asked my banker what progarmme is this.She with a smart smile told me it some kids advantage scheme.Ourkids now know what e banking is all about .The even know what ATM's are which i knew in 2003 after i got a job and landed in chennai.
So the question now are we building huge gaps between the society--The under privileged who still dont have access to the changes happening like the man whom i saw early in the morning and people like us who are thinking locally and acting globally,who are innovating.
so is the world really flat????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment